Craving pizza on a carb budget? This low carb pizza crust will hit the spot without without breaking your diet!
About half of my extended family is on the Keto diet right now, and when I tell them that I eat upwards of 150 grams of carbs every day, their eyes get big enough to make me wonder if they might be part alien after all (I always suspected when we were kids…). I think they’re afraid I’m going to become diabetic, or get fat. But that side of the nutrition conversation is for another day.
What they don’t realize, is that 150 grams of carbs does NOT allow for a lot of conventional pizza.
And you all know that I love pizza.
Before I became conscious of nutrition/macronutrient ratios, I worked really hard to develop the best – I mean the best! – gluten-free pizza crust recipe, and then when my husband tightened up his diet due to food allergies to eliminate grains, I set about developing the best ever coconut flour pizza crust. It was important to me, what can I say?
And carbs need not get in the way of that.
This recipe is similar to coconut flour pizza crust, but it’s actually slightly lower carb, with higher fat and protein.
This low carb pizza crust is pretty much Fathead pizza, but using coconut flour instead of almond meal, because I have to use almonds sparingly to keep my tummy happy.
Ready for the recipe?Print
Low Carb Pizza Crust
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 oz. cream cheese
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 Tablespoons coconut flour (I buy this one)
- Preheat oven to 425º
- Line a pizza pan with parchment paper
- Combine mozzarella and cream cheese in a bowl
- Microwave for about 20 seconds, and stir
- Repeat until cheeses are melty enough to stir together, but not hot
- Beat eggs and stir into cheese mixture
- Add coconut flour
- Stir will until coconut flour is incorporated
- Give the dough a minute to come together as the coconut flour absorbs moisture
- Spread dough over parchment-lined pizza pan. This is easiest to do using a second piece of parchment paper as a buffer between your crust and rolling pin
- Prick crust in multiple places with a fork
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, pricking the crust again if you see too many bubbles forming
- Top with your favorite toppings (I recommend going light on the cheese with this already cheesy recipe!)
- Return to oven and bake until cheese on top begins to bubble – about 10 minutes
- Pull out of the oven, slice, and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1/6 of crust
- Calories: 103
- Fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 2 g
- Protein: 7 g
Get The $20 Meal Plan Printable!
Want the printable version of this $20 plan? Sign up to get it WITH a complete shopping list, and meal prep instructions!