So yeah, pepperoni pizza is good stuff – one might even say it’s divine – but why stop there when you can make a breakfast version and have pizza at every meal!
It’s no secret that we love pizza in our family. It use to be a Sunday tradition when I lived at home, and after I left, more often than not, our family get togethers involved making homemade pizza.
Of course, after Gabe and I got married, I had to figure out how to make it gluten-free. Honestly, it was almost like learning to cook all over again. But I persevered – because pizza.
Despite my perseverance, it took me a couple years – I kid you not – to come up with a pizza crust recipe that our little family truly loved – not just liked, but loved. But once I did, oh my, it was heaven.
We made lots and lots of pizza after we settled on our new gluten-free pizza crust recipe, and for a while, I even made it every week to take to our church potluck (that was before our son went dairy-free).
But recently, I’ve become obsessed with a new kind of pizza – breakfast pizza! Honestly, I’ve only made it for actual breakfast once, and quickly remembered why I don’t do big breakfasts – too time consuming – and moved it to the dinner menu.
We still have to call it breakfast pizza though – scrambled egg pizza just don’t have the same ring, ya know?
Gluten-Free Breakfast Pizza Recipe
- 1 16” gluten-free pizza crust, pre-baked (I use this recipe)
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup your favorite salsa
- 1/2 pound breakfast sausage
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- small handful of spinach leaves (optional)
- Prepare pizza crust, and while it’s baking:
- Brown and crumble sausage
- Heat butter in a small skillet, add eggs, and cook, stirring, until eggs are set, adding salt and pepper as desired.
- Combine pizza sauce and salsa
- After pizza crust is done, remove from oven, and assemble your pizza
- Assembly instructions:
- Spoon sauce onto pizza and spread into a thin, even layer
- Sprinkle on sausage and eggs
- Add spinach if using
- Top with cheeses
- Place pizza back into hot oven, and bake for 5-10 minutes until cheese it bubbly and begins to get toasty (oven should be set at 425º from baking the crust)
- Remove from oven and let rest for five minutes before cutting and serving.
Get The $20 Meal Plan Printable!
Want the printable version of this $20 plan? Sign up to get it WITH a complete shopping list, and meal prep instructions!