So yeah, pepperoni pizza is good stuff – one might even say it’s divine – but why stop there when you can make a breakfast version and have pizza at every meal!
It’s no secret that we love pizza in our family. It use to be a Sunday tradition when I lived at home, and after I left, more often than not, our family get togethers involved making homemade pizza.
Of course, after Gabe and I got married, I had to figure out how to make it gluten-free. Honestly, it was almost like learning to cook all over again. But I persevered – because pizza.
Despite my perseverance, it took me a couple years – I kid you not – to come up with a pizza crust recipe that our little family truly loved – not just liked, but loved. But once I did, oh my, it was heaven.
We made lots and lots of pizza after we settled on our new gluten-free pizza crust recipe, and for a while, I even made it every week to take to our church potluck (that was before our son went dairy-free).
But recently, I’ve become obsessed with a new kind of pizza – breakfast pizza! Honestly, I’ve only made it for actual breakfast once, and quickly remembered why I don’t do big breakfasts – too time consuming – and moved it to the dinner menu.
We still have to call it breakfast pizza though – scrambled egg pizza just don’t have the same ring, ya know?
Gluten-Free Breakfast Pizza Recipe
- 1 16” gluten-free pizza crust, pre-baked (I use this recipe)
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup your favorite salsa
- 1/2 pound breakfast sausage
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- small handful of spinach leaves (optional)
- Prepare pizza crust, and while it’s baking:
- Brown and crumble sausage
- Heat butter in a small skillet, add eggs, and cook, stirring, until eggs are set, adding salt and pepper as desired.
- Combine pizza sauce and salsa
- After pizza crust is done, remove from oven, and assemble your pizza
- Assembly instructions:
- Spoon sauce onto pizza and spread into a thin, even layer
- Sprinkle on sausage and eggs
- Add spinach if using
- Top with cheeses
- Place pizza back into hot oven, and bake for 5-10 minutes until cheese it bubbly and begins to get toasty (oven should be set at 425º from baking the crust)
- Remove from oven and let rest for five minutes before cutting and serving.
Take The Guesswork Out Of Meal Time!
Download this FREE printable family meal plan kit, so you eliminate dinner time stress.