With this easy Coconut flour pizza crust you can have delicious pizza with a fraction of the carbs!
We tried a lot of recipes before we found one we loved – but love it we did – it’s our favorite pizza crust recipe ever! In fact, it’s so good, I take it to church potlucks and get compliments on it from people who aren’t even gluten-free. So honestly, I never thought that after finding a recipe that delicious I’d ever try another one, but…
Back then it never occurred to me that we might want to limit our intake of grains either.
So here we are, making grain-free pizza crust – coconut flour pizza crust.
To be honest, I love it! It’s not that it’s better tasting than our favorite gluten-free pizza crust recipe, but I do feel about fifty-seven times better about eating it!
This coconut flour pizza crust recipe makes a beautiful crust that is slightly dense, but soft, and pliable, and most importantly, it holds together – the way pizza crust should. I mean, you should be able to pick up a slice to eat with your hands, right? (if you’re over three years old at least).
Can you believe you get all that, and this whole crust recipe only has 16 grams of carbs? Another reason to love pizza! That makes it safe to eat even on low carb days for those of us who cycle carbs to fit our activity levels.
There really is no end to what you can do with coconut flour recipes.
A note for the serious low carber:
- Make your own pizza sauce. Get something like McCormick’s Spaghetti Sauce seasoning blend to mix with plain tomato sauce. This will save you grams of carbs from sugar loaded canned sauce. Alternatively, Prego has a sugar-free spaghetti sauce you can get at most grocery stores.
Coconut Flour Pizza Crust Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400º
- Beat eggs and water together
- Combine dry ingredients and stir into egg mixture
- Liberally oil a 12” pizza pan, or 9×13 baking dish with oil
- Scrape pizza batter onto pan and spread evenly
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until the edges just begin to brown
- Remove from oven and add your pizza toppings
- Place back in oven for another 8-10 minutes until cheese is bubbly and slightly toasted on top
- Remove from oven and let cool five minutes before cutting.
- Serving Size: 1/6
- Calories: 86
- Sodium: 128 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 3 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 6 g
- Cholesterol: 127 mg
Want to Make Healthy Eating Easier?
Download 52 Hacks For A Healthier Life!