When I was a child, one of my mom’s go-to dessert recipes was lemon bars.
This gluten-free lemon bars recipe is exactly like hers – that is to say, it’s perfect!
From the lightly sweetened, buttery crust, to the gooey, lemony filling, to the powdered sugar on top. Ever part of this dessert is delightful.
I have to warn you though when I make lemon bars, I make them scream “LEMON”! If you’re not a strong sour flavor kind of person, you might want to cut back on the lemon juice a little. Say… to half a cup instead of three quarters.
I’m fortunate to be married to a person who’s favorite flavor – well one of them anyway – is lemon. We even make lemon meringue pie for his birthday ever year instead of having cake! So the strong flavor suits us both. 🙂
Gluten-Free Lemon Bars Recipe
These gluten-free lemon bars are delicious and refreshing and the perfect treat for your next gathering.
For the crust:
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¾ cup butter (softened)
For the Filling:
- 4 eggs
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- ¾ cup lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 2–3 teaspoons grated lemon peel (optional)
Preheat oven to 350º.
- Combine crust ingredients and mix well.
- Press into the bottom of a greased 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the crust begins to turn a light brown.
- Remove pan from oven.
- Beat filling ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Pour over warm crust.
- Return to oven, and bake for and additional 15-20 minutes until filling is set, and slightly brown around the edges.
- Remove from oven, and cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle generously with powdered sugar.
- Use a butter knife to loosen lemon bars from the edges of the pan.
- Let cool completely.
- Cut bars, and remove from pan.
Get Your Garden Cheat Sheets!
Want to know exactly when, where, and how to plant your vegetables? Sign up to get our FREE companion planting guide, and garden planting cheat sheet printable.