Last year, when Gabriel found out he was allergic to chicken eggs, he had to stop eating a lot of stuff he loved, so when our little flock of ducks finally started laying eggs a few weeks ago, one of the first things I wanted to do was make lemon bars for him.
He’s really missed lemon bars! It’s one of our favorite gluten-free recipes, but the thing is, we’re really trying hard to eat healthily.
We don’t even have sugar in the house at the moment. (where’s the shocked emoji?)
So I went to work creating a paleo lemon bar recipe. I’m afraid to say, I wasted quite a few of his precious eggs before I finally got it right (mostly, I was using too much arrowroot powder at first and made lemon rubber bars. 😛 ).
But we did finally get it right, and they are so tasty!
All the lemon, none of the guilt that our beloved traditional gluten-free lemon bars gave us.
I think we might really starting to get hang of this paleo thing!
Oh, who am I kidding, Paleo purists would die at the amount of honey going into this thing. But hey, it’s a healthy dessert alternative, right?Print
Paleo Lemon Bars Recipe
This paleo lemon bars are an easy, and tasty sweet treat!
- Preheat oven to 350º
- combine coconut flour, 1 Tablespoon honey, and softened butter well, and press into an 8×8 inch baking dish.
- Place in the oven and bake 8-10 minutes until the edges begin to brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Beat eggs
- Add remaining ingredients and beat together well.
- Pour onto baked crust and place in the center of your oven
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until filling no longer jiggles when the pan is shaken
- Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes before cutting and removing from pan.
Get Your Garden Cheat Sheets!
Want to know exactly when, where, and how to plant your vegetables? Sign up to get our FREE companion planting guide, and garden planting cheat sheet printable.