In the mood for a fun treat? These gluten-free Easter M&M Cookies are sweet, buttery, and perfect for your spring cravings.
It’s so fun to have holiday-themed treats, and for me, it’s even more fun when those treats are easy.
And of course, they need to be gluten-free so my husband can enjoy them with us!
One of the easiest ways to make a treat holiday themed is by adding colorful M&Ms.
Psst, if you’re in the mood for something indulgent, but healthy, try healthy no-bake cookies!
We absolutely had a blast making these cookies, and devoured them as soon as they came out of the oven (I had to make yet another batch to get pictures!).
A lot of recipes use a basic chocolate chip cookie dough base, and simply use M&Ms instead of chocolate chips for cookies like these, but this gluten-free Easter M&M Cookie Recipe is different.
This is a lighter cookie similar to a drop sugar cookie, which is 100% appropriate for a spring cookie recipe.
Other cookies we love to make are:
- Flourless Monster Cookies
- Gluten-Free Sugar Cookies
- Old Fashioned Molasses Cookies
- Healthy Breakfast cookies
You will love how easy it is to make these cookies with your kids. My daughter loves to help with every part of making cookies, and my son likes to help scoop them onto the cookies sheets – though I suspect his motivation is to sneak a bite when he thinks I’m not looking.
I have to admit, it can be hard to find good, foolproof gluten-free cookie recipes, but making these with my homemade gluten-free flour mix, as well as King Arthur All Purpose Gluten-Free baking Mix have given us great results!Print
Gluten-free Easter M&M Cookies
- 2 3/4 cup gluten-free flour mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons guar or xanthin gum ONLY if your flour mix doesn’t already include it
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2–2 cups pastel M&Ms.
- Preheat oven to 375º
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder
- In a second, larger bowl, cream butter and sugar together until smooth
- Beat in egg and vanilla
- Gradually blend in dry ingredients
- Stir in M&Ms
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto uncreased cookie sheets
- Bake 8-10 minutes until they start to look a little dry on the edges. I like to take them out while the centers are still very soft.
- Let rest on the cookie sheet a few minutes before removing to a plate or wire rack to cool.