Gluten-free Easter M&M Cookies
- 2 3/4 cup gluten-free flour mix
- 1 1/2 teaspoons guar or xanthin gum ONLY if your flour mix doesn’t already include it
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2–2 cups pastel M&Ms.
- Preheat oven to 375º
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder
- In a second, larger bowl, cream butter and sugar together until smooth
- Beat in egg and vanilla
- Gradually blend in dry ingredients
- Stir in M&Ms
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto uncreased cookie sheets
- Bake 8-10 minutes until they start to look a little dry on the edges. I like to take them out while the centers are still very soft.
- Let rest on the cookie sheet a few minutes before removing to a plate or wire rack to cool.