After much thought, and taking into consideration the many complaints about how tricky this reccipe is, we have created a much easier, virtually fail-proof, pumpkin no-bake cookie recipe which I encourage you to check out here.
So guys, I’ve really been on a roll here with this pumpkin desserts thing. My husband brought home several cans of pumpkin the other day when he stopped by the store to pick up bananas, and well, I can’t just let them sit idle now, can I? Nope!
My latest experiment has been pumpkin no-bake cookies. I’m a sucker for no-bake cookies, I even made a healthy version so I could indulge my sweet tooth more often. I figured that if they could be made with chocolate, surely they can be made with pumpkin too, right? Well, they sure can! The process is a little different – more like making fudge from scratch, and putting oatmeal in it – and of course, dropping it with a spoon rather than spreading it in a pan.
Like the pumpkin spice hot chocolate recipe I shared a few weeks ago, these cookies are wonderfully sweet and spicy, and taste just like fall should taste.
Try these delicious, easy cookies today!Print
Pumpkin Spice No-Bake Cookies
If you love pumpkin spice, these delicious no-bake pumpkin spice cookies are just for you!
Combine first four ingredients in a medium-sized sauce pan.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Clip candy thermometer to the side of pan.
- Bring mixture to soft ball stage (234º).
- Remove from heat, and let cool 15 minutes or so.
- Add vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice, and beat syrup vigorously until it becomes opaque and begins to crystalize. An immersion blender is perfect for this step, but a fork works nicely too.
- Stir in oats, and drop by the spoonful onto parchment paper.
- Let cool.
Get Your Garden Cheat Sheets!
Want to know exactly when, where, and how to plant your vegetables? Sign up to get our FREE companion planting guide, and garden planting cheat sheet printable.