After much thought, and taking into consideration the many complaints about how tricky this reccipe is, we have created a much easier, virtually fail-proof, pumpkin no-bake cookie recipe which I encourage you to check out here.
So guys, I’ve really been on a roll here with this pumpkin desserts thing. My husband brought home several cans of pumpkin the other day when he stopped by the store to pick up bananas, and well, I can’t just let them sit idle now, can I? Nope!
My latest experiment has been pumpkin no-bake cookies. I’m a sucker for no-bake cookies, I even made a healthy version so I could indulge my sweet tooth more often. I figured that if they could be made with chocolate, surely they can be made with pumpkin too, right? Well, they sure can! The process is a little different – more like making fudge from scratch, and putting oatmeal in it – and of course, dropping it with a spoon rather than spreading it in a pan.
Like the pumpkin spice hot chocolate recipe I shared a few weeks ago, these cookies are wonderfully sweet and spicy, and taste just like fall should taste.Print
Pumpkin Spice No-Bake Cookies
Combine first four ingredients in a medium-sized sauce pan.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Clip candy thermometer to the side of pan.
- Bring mixture to soft ball stage (234º).
- Remove from heat, and let cool 15 minutes or so.
- Add vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice, and beat syrup vigorously until it beomes opaque and begins to crystalize. An immersion blender is perfect for this step, but a fork works nicely too.
- Stir in oats, and drop by the spoonful onto parchment paper.
- Let cool.