I think that no-bake cookies will always be my first love (in the cookie world at least). Everything about them is perfectly lovable, from the fudge texture, to the sweet, chocolaty flavor, to the – oh, didn’t I mention? – the ease of making them.
They’re a recurring treat in our family. Whether I’m trying to be good with healthy no-bake cookies, or just going all out with lots and lots of sugar. Like this recipe. 😉
I should mention that this recipe contains nut butter. Why? Because it does wonders for the fudgy texture of no-bake cookies. In a perfect world, you would use almond butter because Mmmmm…. almond joy no-bake cookies! All I had on hand was peanut butter, and it was still delightful – I think the coconut and chocolate flavors mellowed out the peanut flavor perfectly.
IF you choose to leave out the nut butter entirely – and I don’t recommend it – be sure to heat your chocolate syrup to just barely under the soft ball stage (about 234º) so that you can be sure they’ll firm up. They’ll end up having more of a crystalized texture than fudgy, but they’ll still be yummy. If you’re allergic to nuts, or just don’t have any on hand, don’t let that stop you from making a batch of these delightful chocolate coconut cookies!
Chocolate Coconut Cookies No Bake Recipe
Chocolate Coconut Cookies No Bake
- Combine first five ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Let boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add extracts and nut butter.
- Stir until nut butter is incorporated.
- Stir in rolled oats and shredded coconut.
- Drop by the spoonful onto parchment paper or straight onto a cookie sheet (they’ll come off when they’re cool, and you won’t have to “waste” parchment paper!)
- Let cool and enjoy!
Get The $20 Meal Plan Printable!
Want the printable version of this $20 plan? Sign up to get it WITH a complete shopping list, and meal prep instructions!