One of my favorite gluten-free recipes, and go-to sweet treat has long been healthy no-bake cookies. But (ugh) since Gabriel has become highly allergic to some of the ingredients (mainly nut butter, and possibly oatmeal), I’ve been playing around with making different kinds of healthy cookies.
The winner? Behold, the no-bake Coconut cookie!
I love it! It’s so simple – just two ingredients! Three if you want to add some coconut flavoring, vanilla, or cocoa powder. These cookies are perfectly good without any extras, but let’s be honest, shredded coconut has been pressed, and dried, and sapped of most of it’s delicious flavor, so if you want a really coconut flavor “pop”, you pretty much have to add some coconut extract.
And yes, they’re healthy ingredients. Incredibly sweet, but healthy. 🙂
These are definitely in the “treat” category, and not something we’ll make very often, partly because of the volume of maple syrup used (oh, dear maple deliciousness, why must you be so expensive?), but it’s so nice to have a no-bake cookie once again that I can make in five minutes to satisfy my dear husband’s sweet tooth.
And I think it makes him feel a little less like the deprived allergy-ridden guy, ya know?
No-Bake Coconut cookiesPrint
No-Bake Coconut Cookies
Looking for a delicious, no-bake dessert option? These awesome coconut cookies are a real crowd pleaser and SO easy to make!
- Category: Dessert
- Pour maple syrup into a pan, and clip a candy thermometer to the side.
- Bring to a boil, and continue boiling until the mixture reaches soft ball stage (234-236º)
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for five minutes.
- Begin to beat with a fork (or you can use beaters or a stick blender if you want to), until it just begins to crystalize.
- Add cocoa powder or flavoring if desired.
- Add in shredded coconut and stir together.
- Drop by teaspoon or tablespoon onto parchment or waxed paper
- Allow to cool.
Did you like this recipe? Try some of these others!
- Easy No-Bake Banana Cake
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip No-Bake Energy Bites
- Healthy No-Bake Chocolate-Peanut Butter Cookies
- Gluten-Free No-Bake Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Balls
Get Your Garden Cheat Sheets!
Want to know exactly when, where, and how to plant your vegetables? Sign up to get our FREE companion planting guide, and garden planting cheat sheet printable.