If you’re a fan of cookies and incorporating seasonal ingredients as much as I am, then you’ll love this strawberry Chunk cookie recipe!
These cookies are sweet with with light, fruity bursts of juicy strawberry flavor throughout. The best!
I love cookies, and almost always choose cookies when I want to do a little easy afternoon baking. You know, one bowl, minimal mess, just want something sweet this afternoon. As opposed to more involved desserts like Chocolate Pavlova roulade, which is amazing but, you know – involved. So if you’re anything like me, you’re going to love this cookie recipe.
Anyway, I started making these because I really wanted some sort of hand-held version of strawberry shortcake. So I was going for a texture somewhere between shortcake and cookie for these. It took several tries! And every version was delicious – some more like a light tasting chocolate chip cookie (but with strawberries instead of chocolate chips) like these gluten-free m&m cookies.
But the final version is delectable. Delicious bursts of juicy strawberry, with a slightly cakey around the edges and chewy in the middle cookies topped off with the sugar-crust you’d expect out of shortcake.
Strawberry Chunk Cookie Recipe
Here are a few tips for making these the best they can possibly be:
- Line your baking sheets with parchment paper. This makes it easier to remove cookies, strawberries and all without them sticking.
- Note that your dough will feel overloaded with strawberries, and it may feel like they won’t bake up well, but they will! In fact when they’re done baking, you’ll probably wish you’d added more!
- To make these gluten-free, Use a high quality flour mix (such as this one), and increase the amount by 2 Tablespoons. Because of the high content of starch in most gf flours, you’ll need a little extra to make up the texture.
My kids love these cookies! So much so that I had to chase them out of the house so I could take pictures. 😅 In fact, they’ve asked me to make them again again and again, and I finally had to tell them that we have to make other things too haha.
It being spring, we also have to make strawberry baked oatmeal, strawberry vinaigrette for our salads, and strawberry syrup for our pancakes, and the list goes on, so we can’t just make cookies – bring on the strawberries!
But first, cookies. Make these for a weekend treat, a picnic dessert, or just a yummy snack – you won’t be disappointed!Print
Strawberry Chunk Cookie Recipe
These strawberry chunk cookies include celicious bursts of juicy strawberry, in slightly cakey-edged chewy cookies, topped off with the sugar-crust you’d expect in a shortcake
- Prep Time: 7 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 19 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: dessert
- Method: oven
- Cuisine: American
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups capped, chopped strawberries
- Extra sugar for rolling
- Preheat oven to 375º
- In larg bowl, cream butter and sugar together until smooth
- Beat in egg and vanilla
- Stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder on top of wet ingredients before stirring them together
- Stir in strawberries
- Scoop into large, rounded Tablespoons (or use a cookie scoop), and drop into a bowl of granulated sugar, coating on all side
- Space 2” apart on parchment-lined cookie sheets
- Bake 10-12 minutes until they start to look a little dry on the edges. I like to take them out while the centers are still a little soft.
- Let rest on the cookie sheet a few minutes before removing to a plate or wire rack to cool.
These cookies can be made gluten-free by using a high quality gluten-free flour mix, an adding an additional 2 Tablespoons of flour.
Keywords: cookies, strawberry, dessert