Peanut butter popcorn. I love peanut butter, and I love popcorn, so I seems natural to combine the two. Unfortunately, every recipe I found for it contained enormous amounts of sugar and honey. I tried it twice, but the result was just too sweet, even to the point of being sickening.
That was okay though. We really do try to minimize sugary sweets around here. Recently though, I’ve had a major sweet tooth problem, and really, really wanted some good peanut butter popcorn (post partum cravings? ), so I came up with my own recipe. Well okay, maybe saying I came up with it is a bit of an exaggeration. It’s basically a no-bake cookie recipe using popcorn in place of the oatmeal.
It does use sugar, but at less than half the amount in recipes I’ve used previously. So it’s a nice, sweet treat, but not make-you-sick-to-your-stomach sweet.
Tastes kind of like Reese’s Pieces poured over popcorn.Print
Peanut Butter Popcorn
- 3/4 cup popcorn kernels, popped via your favorite method
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/8 cup water
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/2 cup + peanut butter
- Combine sugar, butter, and water in a sauce pan.
- Cook over medium heat, bringing to a rolling boil, and stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Boil for two minutes. Take off of heat.
- Add vanilla and peanut butter.
- Pour over popcorn and mix well.
Get The $20 Meal Plan Printable!
Want the printable version of this $20 plan? Sign up to get it WITH a complete shopping list, and meal prep instructions!