Is it fall yet? Can I start posting pumpkin recipes yet? Pleeeaasse?
Yes, okay. Good.
The thing is, we planted our pumpkins early this year, Which means, of course, that we harvested early as well.
So… We’ve been enjoying pumpkin recipes a little early, and they are soooo good!
My favorite at the moment is pumpkin waffles with cream cheese syrup.
Delicious, fragrant, spicy, gluten-free, pumpkin waffles topped with cream cheese syrup. Mmmmm.Print
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Waffles
- 2 1/2 cups gluten-free flour flour mix
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup well-shaken buttermilk
- 1 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- Stir together dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients and add to dry.
- Bake on pre-heated waffle iron and serve with cream cheese syrup.
Cream Cheese Syrup
- 3 Tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 Tablespoon butter (optional)
- 2–3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Enough milk or water to reach desire consistency
- Soften cheese and butter over very low heat to soften.
- Add powdered sugar and vanilla, then milk or water unitl syrupy consistency is reached.
- Be careful about how you heat this as it will burn.