This pecan pie baked oatmeal is the perfect way to celebrate fall at breakfast!
Every fall, the world goes crazy for pumpkin pie spice – and I go right along with it! I mean, let’s be honest, who’s gonna pass up a healthy pumpkin pie smoothie?
But I really feel like pecan pie doesn’t get the credit it deserves… and I guess I get it. I mean, it is basically sugar on sugar, topped with pecans.
Which makes it such a special treat every year on the Thanksgiving table.
But it’s so good! Once a year doesn’t seem fair.
So why not reduce the sugar a bit, add some oatmeal, tweak a few things, and serve it for breakfast?
Maybe it’s not something I want to feed the kids every day of the week, but for real, this pecan pie baked oatmeal recipe is a delicious treat!
It’s got that great pecan flavor, with a bit of that gooey pie filling underneath and mixed in with the oatmeal.
It’s like having my favorite pie for breakfast – and I don’t even have to make a pie crust! Just mix all the ingredients, and toss them into a baking dish. It really couldn’t get any easier.
Maybe I don’t have to heat the oven up to make no-bake pumpkin pie energy bites, but on these chilly mornings, I’m looking for an excuse to help warm my kitchen up anyway, and I still get to feed my pumpkin spice obsession with a mug of pumpkin spice hot chocolate, so it’s a win-win.
Try this tasty recipe today!Print
Pecan Pie Baked Oatmeal Recipe
This delicious, baked pecan pie oatmeal is super yummy. You’ll love it!
- 4 medium eggs (my mother-in-law’s flock are laying medium eggs right now, so that’s what this recipe was tested with)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup milk (almond milk works great for a dairy-free version!)
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 1 cup old fashioned rolled oats.
Preheat oven to 350º
- Beat eggs, and stir in butter, brown sugar, vanilla, salt, and milk.
- Stir in pecans and oatmeal.
- Pour into a greased 8×8 inch baking dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the middle no longer jiggles.
- Cool for several minutes before serving.
Get Your Garden Cheat Sheets!
Want to know exactly when, where, and how to plant your vegetables? Sign up to get our FREE companion planting guide, and garden planting cheat sheet printable.