This is one of my favorite pumpkin flavored gluten-free recipes!
Yeah, I know, Thanksgiving is over and we should all be moving on to snowman-shaped, peppermint buttercream-iced sugar cookies. But I can’t seem to get the pumpkin out of my system yet, so I’m posting one more recipe: Cream Cheese Iced Pumpkin Bars.
Here’s the thing; pumpkin and spices mixed with a rich cream cheese icing just can’t be beat – no matter what time of year! This cream cheese icing is rich, but not too sweet. You can use any kind of sugar you want, and by any kind I mean, regular white sugar, turbinado, raw sugar, evaporated cane juice, or, what I personally use, Mexican Cane Sugar.Print
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Icing
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (or turbinado)
- 1 small egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1 cup flour mix
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4–1/2 tsp Guar Gum
Cream Cheese Icing:
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- Mix together suagr, butter, vanilla, and egg.
- Add pumpkin and mix well.
- Mix dry ingredients together, add to first mixture and mix well. Spread into a greased 8×8 baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until the cake tests done (insert toothpick into the center; if it comes out clean, it’s done).
- While the cake is baking (or cooling), pour sugar into blender or food processor, and process until sugar becomes very fine.
- Add cream cheese and process until smooth. Spread on cooled cake, cut into bars, and enjoy!
Get The $20 Meal Plan Printable!
Want the printable version of this $20 plan? Sign up to get it WITH a complete shopping list, and meal prep instructions!