This is one of my favorite pumpkin-flavored gluten-free recipes!
Yeah, I know, Thanksgiving is over and we should all be moving on to snowman-shaped, peppermint buttercream-iced sugar cookies. But I can’t seem to get the pumpkin out of my system yet, so I’m posting one more recipe: Cream Cheese Iced Pumpkin Bars.
Here’s the thing; pumpkin and spices mixed with a rich cream cheese icing just can’t be beaten – no matter what time of year! This cream cheese icing is rich but not too sweet. You can use any kind of sugar you want, and by any kind, I mean, regular white sugar, turbinado, raw sugar, evaporated cane juice, or, what I personally use, Mexican Cane Sugar.
Try these delicious bars!Print
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Icing
These gluten-free pumpkin bars are super simple to make, and taste so good!
- Mix together suagr, butter, vanilla, and egg.
- Add pumpkin and mix well.
- Mix dry ingredients together, add to first mixture and mix well. Spread into a greased 8×8 baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until the cake tests done (insert toothpick into the center; if it comes out clean, it’s done).
- While the cake is baking (or cooling), pour sugar into blender or food processor, and process until sugar becomes very fine.
- Add cream cheese and process until smooth. Spread on cooled cake, cut into bars, and enjoy!
Get Your Garden Cheat Sheets!
Want to know exactly when, where, and how to plant your vegetables? Sign up to get our FREE companion planting guide, and garden planting cheat sheet printable.