Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Icing
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (or turbinado)
- 1 small egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1 cup flour mix
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4–1/2 tsp Guar Gum
Cream Cheese Icing:
- 1 cup sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- Mix together suagr, butter, vanilla, and egg.
- Add pumpkin and mix well.
- Mix dry ingredients together, add to first mixture and mix well. Spread into a greased 8×8 baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes or until the cake tests done (insert toothpick into the center; if it comes out clean, it’s done).
- While the cake is baking (or cooling), pour sugar into blender or food processor, and process until sugar becomes very fine.
- Add cream cheese and process until smooth. Spread on cooled cake, cut into bars, and enjoy!