Yesterday, I decided to make some lasagna, but of course, didn’t have a package of noodles on hand, so I whipped up these gluten-free lasagna noodles using my gluten free egg noodles recipe in no time flat.
Seriously, even without a proper rolling pin, it only took two minutes to roll them out.
That’s the power of sneaking off to the kitchen before your littlest helper figures out what you’re up to.
You know what has become my favorite way to roll out pretty much any kind of dough?
I started using them for making corn tortillas, and then rolling out gluten-free piecrust, (which has a reputation of breaking if you try to lift it off the table with your hands). Granted, a gallon-sized zip-top bag is barely large enough to roll out a nine inch piecrust, but it does the job.
Now, I even use a floured bag to roll egg noodle dough out on.
I know there’s a lot of contraptions out there that are meant for rolling dough out on. My mom once had a Pastry Cloth, but I never liked it. For me, a simple plastic bag works best. It’s durable, but flexible. It’s not as slippery as parchment paper, which can be a good thing – you’re dough doesn’t slide around as much – and it can be washed and used again. Win-win.
Typically, a one-egg batch of dough will need to be divided and rolled out in two pieces. If you’re using a gallon sized zip top bag.
For the typical 9×13 inch pan of lasagna, you’ll want to make a two-egg batch. Yes, this recipe is measured in eggs. 😉Print
Gluten-Free Lasagna Noodles
- 2 eggs or 4 egg yolks
- 2 tsp. water
- 2 tsp. oil
- pinch of salt
- Gluten-free flour (I recommend this mix), roughly 1 to 1 1/2 of a cups.
- Beat together first four ingredients. Mix in enough flour to form a soft ball.
- Roll out on floured surface.
- Cut into 2-inch wide strips.
- Set aside while making your favorite lasagna filling.
- Layer into lasagna pan as you would any other lasagna noodles, and bake as recipe directs.
- Honestly, this is so easy! And if you’re grinding your own flour, and making your own flour mix, this gluten-free lasagna noodle recipe makes them so cheap, you’ll want to have lasagna for dinner every night! 😉
Take The Guesswork Out Of Meal Time!
Download this FREE printable family meal plan kit, so you eliminate dinner time stress.