This gluten-free pumpkin roll is an easy-to-make must-have addition to your Thanksgiving dinner! Your family won’t even know you used a gluten-free recipe!
Do you know what’s awesome about cake rolls? They look all fabulous and complicated – like you put a lot of work into them, but really? They’re a breeze and take hardly any time to bake! Also, bonus points for getting a really nice icing-to-cake ratio.
I’ve wanted to make a gluten-free pumpkin cake roll for years now, but I was intimidated. I mean, you know how gluten-free products have a reputation for being dry, cracking, crumbling, and all that nasty stuff?
But you don’t have to worry about that with this recipe. In fact, even the tightest part of the roll stayed springy and flexible, just like a cake roll should.
You will love how easy this is to make!
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Roll
Gluten-Free Pumpkin Roll
If you love pumpkin roll this time of year, this gluten-free recipe is a great option!
- 3/4 cup gluten-free flour mix
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan or guar gum (omit if your blend already contains it)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup pure packed pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Icing Ingredients:
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar, for sprinkling
- 1 (8 ounces) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 2–3 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 375°
- Grease a 15 x 11 inch jelly roll pan. Line it with parchment paper, then grease again. Sprinkle some extra flour on the greased paper, and tap it around to evenly distribute it. Set the pan aside.
- Mix first seven ingredients together in a large bowl
- In a smaller bowl, whisk eggs, and stir in pumpkin and sugar
- Pour egg mixture over dry ingredients, and mix until well blended.
- Pour into the prepared jelly roll pan
- Tap pan on your counter until batter is evenly distributed.
- Place pan in the center of preheated oven
- Bake 15 minutes
- While the cake is baking, sprinkle 1/4 cup of powdered sugar on a tea towel
- After the cake is finished baking, turn it immediately onto the sugared tea towel.
- Roll up the cake in the towel, starting at the narrow end
- Let cool
- While the cake is cooling, beat the cream cheese, butter, vanilla and powdered sugar together until smooth.
- Unroll cooled cake and spread cream cheese icing over it.
- Re-roll and wrap tightly in plastic wrap
- Refrigerate at least one hour
- Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar, slice thickly, and serve
Other pumpkin recipes you may like:
Get Your Garden Cheat Sheets!
Want to know exactly when, where, and how to plant your vegetables? Sign up to get our FREE companion planting guide, and garden planting cheat sheet printable.
Laureen Fox says
I love roll cakes but have never brave enough to try baking a gluten free one myself. Pinning your recipe so I can try it 🙂
Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine says
I have always wanted to make a roll cake! So cool!
Chandice Probst says
This looks delicious! I could use some of this right now. 🙂
[email protected] says
I have never made a roll cake..but am pumpkin one sounds like a good place to start! And they look so pretty!!
Brianna @Flippin' Delicious says
I LOVE pumpkin roll cakes! I tried making one last month. It was an epic fail. The cake layer was way too thin so there was way more frosting than cake. I’ll have to try your recipe!
I adore pumpkin rolls. Thanks for making them gluten free! 🙂