I love homemade sugar scrub.
For someone who doesn’t take baths, that may sound crazy (hey don’t look like that, I take showers. :P), but in my opinion, exfoliation is highly underrated (if that’s possible).
I mean, aside from the fact that it’s ridiculously easy to make, Sugar scrub is the best way I’ve ever seen to not just get rid of dead skin cells, but for making your skins so, so soft. You literally scrub the healthy oils into your skin.
It’s the only way I’ve found to keep my dry feet decent during the winter. I mean, it doesn’t just stop them from cracking and bleeding, it makes them normal again. I know, ew! But it’s true!
Technically, you could use any essential oil you want to make this scrub smell amazing, this one is full of eucalyptus. Its strong minty, piney smell is so relaxing, and its such a great way to relax sore muscles.
Homemade Eucalyptus Sugar Scrub
- 1.5 cups of sugar (coarse sugar like evaporated cane juiceworks best!)
- 1.5 cups of coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt (works as a preservative)
- 15-30 drops of eucalyptus essential oil (more or less to your liking)
- In a glass bowl mix the sugar, coconut oil, and salt together.
- Then slowly add in the essential oil.
- Once everything is mixed together put in a glass or BPA free container with a secure lid.
- When stored in a cool and dry place, mixture can last up to a month.
- **Tip- Coconut oil, once it reaches room temperature begins to become solid, so although it may look runny, it will become more solidified. When in the shower, the product with the natural heat from a person’s body temperature will become soft again.
- If you’d like to make a bigger batch, remember it’s a one to one ratio of sugar to oil.**
Recipes everyone can make!
Nourish your body with ingredients you already have in your kitchen!
Amy Bokinskie says
Love this recipe. I want to make a bigger batch this time. How long does this stay usable? What if it melts and solidifies repeatedly?
This looks so good! What a great gift to make for friends or to enjoy yourself!
Thanks for sharing! Does it keep long?