This simple fresh peach salsa recipe is everything you’re looking for in a summer condiment! Fresh, full of flavor, sweet, and zingy!
I don’t know about you, but I’m not ready to give up summer recipes just yet!
Our garden is still full of tomatoes and peppers, we just harvested our onions, and cilantro is still plentiful. We don’t have any peaches left on our own baby peach trees, but our neighboring orchards still have them!
All of that means this is the perfect time to make some peach salsa!
Fresh peach salsa is perfect for so many things! My favorite is on baked chicken or salmon, but I also like to eat it up with tortilla chips for a snack.
It’s the perfect mix of sweet and zingy.
I like to make this fresh peach salsa recipe in small batches that are easy to use up. While you can definitely find peach salsa canning recipes, for me, this is more of a recipe to enjoy seasonally. It’s so much better fresh (as opposed to cooked, which is necessary in canning), and a real treat since we only have it in the summer.
With all the fruit, vegetables, and herbs at their peak, the flavors are hard to beat!
Fresh Peach Salsa
Some helpful notes about this recipe:
- Mix to taste. This is one of those recipe where the amounts not only can, but should be customized. For instance, I use less jalapeño when I’m making it with my kids in mind. Those who don’t care for cilantro probably want to use less of that, etc.
- Make this fresh peach salsa a day, or at least several hours in advance. While you can eat it right away, and it’s delicious, letting it rest a few hours gives the flavors in each ingredient a chance to permeate each other and make the salsa even more tasty!
- Make sure you use homegrown, vine ripe tomatoes! Tomatoes from the store just don’t compare. I know you know that, but here’s your reminder just in case you’re tempted. You want juicy tomatoes at their peak ripeness. So if you aren’t a gardener, take a trip to the farmer’s market!
Before we start mixing, don’t forget to check out some of our other peach recipes like gluten-free peach cake for dessert!Print
Fresh Peach Salsa Recipe
- 1-2 large peaches
- 1 large heirloom tomato
- 1/2 onion
- 1 jalapeño (deseeded)
- 2 mini bell peppers, or 1/2 of a red or orange bell pepper
- big handful cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dice peaches and tomatoes into 1/4” chunks and combine in large bowl
- Mind onion, jalapeño, and bell peppers, and add to tomato/peach mixture
- Roughly chop cilantro and add to salsa mixture
- Sprinkl in lemon juice and salt
- Stir to combine
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week