This thai coconut iced tea recipe will win you over on the hottest days of summer!
I think I’ve mentioned several times that I’m not really a tea drinker (with the exception of iced peppermint tea), but I should probably modify that to “I don’t identify as a tea drinker”, because the reality is that nowadays, I drink tea pretty much every day.
See, when I was a teenager, I really wanted to be skinny, so I made the decision to completely stop drinking calories. surprisingly, I stuck to that decision for years and years – even when I found stevia, a zero-calorie sweetener that isn’t actually bad for you.
Habits are hard to break – even habits of deprivation.
But enough about that, how ‘bout this tea?
See, I like tea, but I don’t like having the same kind of tea all the time. I like to experiment and try new recipes and enjoy different flavors.
That’s what makes tea fun, and this thai coconut tea is the epitome of fun.
It’s not just tea, it spices, and coconut milk. Yummy stuff. Plus you get to pour coconut milk into the tea and watch it swirl. Very pretty.
In the spirit of not drinking my calories, I sweeten all of my teas with stevia or truvia, but if I’m being honest, it’s also really delicious with honey. Reeeealy delicious. So I’ll go ahead and add the measurement for honey as well.
Try this tasty tea here:Print
Thai Coconut Tea
Want to try a tasty tea? This Thai coconut tea is so simple and tasty!
- 1 whole star anise
- 2 cardamom pods
- 2 quarts water
- 8 black tea bags
- 2 Tablespoons truvia or ¼ cup honey
- 2 cups coconut milk
- Bring half the water to a boil. Stir in the honey, then add the tea bags, star anise and cardamom. Cover and steep for 30 minutes.
- Add remaining quart of water, Chill the tea in the fridge until cold
- Fill a glass ¾ of the way full with the chilled tea
- Top each glass with 2-4 tablespoons of coconut milk and serve immediately!
- Store the extra brewed tea separate from the coconut milk in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Get Your Garden Cheat Sheets!
Want to know exactly when, where, and how to plant your vegetables? Sign up to get our FREE companion planting guide, and garden planting cheat sheet printable.