Treat yourself guilt-free with this gluten-free, paleo pumpkin blondies recipe!
When the calendar turns the page to September, and the rest of the country pulls out their Ugg boots and Pumpkin Spice Lattes, we in the south are still sweating our rears off, wearing flip-flops, and wishing for cooler weather.
Now that it’s October though, we’re starting to see some glimpses of cooler weather headed our way, and though it may be 92º right now, I may or may not have rubbed my hands together with glee yesterday morning as I wrapped myself in a sweater and headed to the kitchen.
65º mornings mean baking weather! I’m not gonna lie, I’ve been waiting over a month to make these paleo pumpkin blondies for breakfast!
I know. Technically, pumpkin blondies are supposed to be for dessert. But I’m the mom, and I get to decide when we can have dessert for breakfast. Mmkay?
Here’s a couple things I want you to know before you start baking these goodies:
1. You can use agave, maple syrup, or even coconut sugar in this recipe. However, we liked the agave syrup best, and the coconut sugar was definitely not as sweet.
2. The recipes calls for coconut oil (definitely use refined if you want the pumpkin spice to really shine!), but if you’re not strictly paleo, melted butter is divine!
So… Let’s get baking!Print
Paleo Pumpkin Blondies Recipe
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil (use refined if your’e not crazy about coconut flavor)
- 2/3 cup agave nectar or maple syrup
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup pumpkin purée
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (or 1 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger, and 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves)
- a pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Beat oil, agave, eggs, pumpkin, and vanilla together in a large bowl
- In a smaller bowl, combine coconut flour, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice, and salt
- Add to wet mixture, and stir well to combine
- Let rest 3-5 minutes while the flour absorbs moisture from wet ingredients
- Pour into a greased 9×13 inch baking dish
- Bake for 20 minutes or until just beginning to brown on the edges.
- Let cool before cutting
- Serve, and enjoy!
Get The $20 Meal Plan Printable!
Want the printable version of this $20 plan? Sign up to get it WITH a complete shopping list, and meal prep instructions!