My family has only ever used one recipe to make Italian beef in the crockpot – yes, we always make in the slow cooker. Guests always ask for the recipe, and are really surprised when they see how easy it is. It’s simply a matter of throwing three things into a crockpot, and letting it cook all day. This is pretty much the king of gluten-free recipes.
My favorite way to eat Italian beef is on baguettes with a bowl of juice on the side. You’ve heard of French dip sandwiches, right? These are Italian dip sandwiches. Sooo good!
Gabriel likes his Italian beef with potatoes, carrots, and gravy all cooked in, or made with, the spicy Italian beef broth.
This is a great recipe if your family eats venison as well. Since deer meat tends to be a little more dry, and in many cases tough, you couldn’t ask for a better recipe than one that cooks in the crockpot all day long.
Layered in the crockpot, and ready to cook.
Italian Beef In The Crockpot
- Place beef in a crockpot.
- Sprinkle with beef powder.
- Pour pepperoncinis over the top.
- Cook on low heat for at least 6 hours.
- A couple hours before you plan to serve, you can add cubed potatoes and carrots for a complete meal.
- One note: in these photos, I’m using sliced pepperoncinnis because that’s what I had, and they’re great for sandwiches. Personally, I think whole peppers make for a prettier presentation.
Get The $20 Meal Plan Printable!
Want the printable version of this $20 plan? Sign up to get it WITH a complete shopping list, and meal prep instructions!