Have you ever really craved something you couldn’t have? It’s torture. Pure torture.
Before Gabriel and I married, I had a bit of a food addiction in the form of Arby’s mozzarella sticks. But when we moved to nowhereville, TX, there was no Arby’s. Even if there had been, Gabriel was allergic to almost everything served there anyway. I pretty sure they don’t serve gluten-free recipes at Arby’s. 😉
After a while, I just had to have mozzarella sticks so, (gasp!) I resorted to making my own.
Remember that mozzarella cheese tutorial last week? Oh yeah, Arby’s has nothing on homemade mozzarella sticks made with homemade cheese!
Add some marinara sauce to dip them in, and you’re all set. I tell you, there is nothing quite like the satisfaction of siting down to enjoy something that you’ve made yourself – and entirely from scratch at that!
So here you go. Homemade, gluten-free mozzarella sticks that are only slightly time consuming… And if you’re wondering how I justify deep-frying so much, well, I use coconut oil. That makes it healthy, right?
Give this yummy recipe a tryPrint
Gluten-Free Mozzarella Sticks
This gluten-free mozzarella stick recipe is a great appetizer. Super yummy, your family will love it.
- Cut mozzarella into roughly 1/2 inch strips. Dredge in cornstarch.
- Beat egg with water. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, Parmesan, seasoning, and salt.
- Dip cheese sticks in egg wash, then roll in flour mixture.
- Deep fat fry until golden, turning if necessary. Make sure you have enough oil so that the cheese sticks don’t touch the bottom. Otherwise, they’ll stick down there, and you’ll end up with a big fat mess.
- Drain on paper towels. Serve with warm marinara Sauce or ranch dressing.
Get Your Garden Cheat Sheets!
Want to know exactly when, where, and how to plant your vegetables? Sign up to get our FREE companion planting guide, and garden planting cheat sheet printable.