Looking for a great grab-and-go breakfast recipe? These Gluten-Free Ham and Cheddar Biscuits fit the bill perfectly! Make them the day before for to make your busy morning stress-free.
When we were gearing up for a road trip, my mom used to make sausage biscuits to take with us and eat in the car for breakfast. It was a super simple, filling breakfast for us kids, but not exactly mess-free.
You know how it is with little kids; “mom, my sausage is falling off my biscuit!” “Mom, I dropped the top half on the floor!” “Mooooooooooom!”
Now you know why I’ve never done sausage biscuits in the car with MY kids.
So, enter the ham and cheese biscuit. You’ve got the meat and cheese baked IN to your biscuit, and voila! No sausage falling out or biscuit halves falling on the floor.
That was the idea behind these biscuits. Or maybe that was my excuse for making them, because truth be told, I’ve been dying to make a gourmet ham and cheese biscuit for literally weeks! It just sounded so good! Salty chunks of ham sprinkled throughout a flaky biscuit, and with every bite, a good dose of sharp cheddar cheese. And to top it off, the savory aroma of fresh rosemary sprinkled throughout.
I’d love to say these ham and cheese biscuits are perfect with simple sawmill gravy, but I wouldn’t know, because every time make them, they get gobbled up, sometimes with butter, sometimes without, before I can get the word “gravy” out of my mouth, let alone actually made.
Clearly, I need to think in bigger batches, or maybe kick the kids out of the house while I’m baking.
But I’m happy to report that these gluten-free ham and cheese biscuits are as delicious as they sound, and satisfy everybody’s appetites from breakfast, until lunch.
Gluten-Free Ham And Cheddar Biscuits
- 2 cups gluten-free flour mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon guar or xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 Cup chopped ham
- 1 cup sharp shredded cheddar Cheese
- 1-2 teaspoons chopped rosemary leaved
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Mix all dry ingredients together. Cut butter in until the mixture looks like it’s somewhere coarser than crumbs, but finer than peas
- Mix in egg and milk until dough just holds together
- Dump in ham, cheese, and rosemary
- Knead mixture until everything is combined, taking care not to over-knead and make the biscuits tuff
- Roll out on floured surface, and cut with a round cookie cutter
- Bake until edges of biscuits begin to brown
- Remove from oven and cool somewhat before serving
Get The $20 Meal Plan Printable!
Want the printable version of this $20 plan? Sign up to get it WITH a complete shopping list, and meal prep instructions!