Every fall, I get a little (okay, maybe a lot) excited about the onslaught of pumpkin recipes.
But this year, it’s been a little different. Late last winter, we discovered that my husband has a severe allergy to eggs, which reeeaallly narrows down the pumpkin recipe collection.
Gabriel really loves pumpkin pie, though, so this year, we’re doing something a little different – pumpkin cream pie!
It’s super easy, and even though we all love our sugar-free pumpkin pie recipe, I love that we don’t have to spend an hour baking this version. All it takes is 10ish minutes to bake the crust while you cook the pudding, then combine the two and voila!
I highly recommend letting pumpkin cream pie chill overnight before serving so it has a chance to set up. I only chilled mine for a few hours, and as you can see in the pictures, it served up a bit messy. The leftovers set up beautifully overnight, though, and I totally wish I’d waited until then to take pictures. Oh well, right?
It tasted amazing, and that’s the important thing.
Easy Pumpkin Cream PiePrint
Easy Pumpkin Cream Pie
This simple and tasty pumpkin cream pie is a real crowd pleaser for your next family gathering.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes (with cooling)
- Yield: 8 slices 1x
- Prepare pie crust in a nine inch pie plate (use a flax egg to make it egg-free if desired). I’ve been using the recipe linked to in the ingredients because it’s so much less messy, but you could also use a roll-out recipe like this one.
- Combine pumpkin pie spice, sugar, and cornstarch together in a sauce pan.
- Add milk and stir together. The spices probably won’t mix in well until the milk gets hot, but you should stir it until the cornstarch is well incorporated.
- Stir in pumpkin purée.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring, until thick and bubbling.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Let cool for ten minutes, and pour into crust.
- Chill, preferably overnight.
- Top with whipped topping of choice and serve.
Other recipes you might enjoy:
Get Your Garden Cheat Sheets!
Want to know exactly when, where, and how to plant your vegetables? Sign up to get our FREE companion planting guide, and garden planting cheat sheet printable.