If you need a gluten-free recipe, but aren’t a fan of rolling things out, and risking breakage during piecrust transfer, this quick and easy gluten-free pie crust recipe is for you!
Rolling out pie crust sure makes a pretty pie, and while I hartily believe that food presentation is important, sometimes, I just need to hurry up and get things on the table. Covering half of that table with rolling pins, flour, partchement paper, pastry dough, and everything else, isn’t really conducive to hurrying though. Rolling out pie crust is so much more of a mess than rolling out things like, say homemade gluten-free egg noodles, because you can’t just roll them out on a cookie sheet, cut them up, and dump them in the pot. (But I digress)
So I decided to make a variation of my rolled pie crust recipe that could be pressed into the pie plate. Is it pretty? Not really. Does it taste great? Oh yeah!
Thanks to this recipe, I was able to make an apple pie for breakfast this morning (Shh, don’t tell!), and get the mess cleaned up before we sat down to eat.Print
Quick And Easy Gluten-Free Pie Crust Recipe
- 1 cup gluten-free flour mix
- 1/2 tsp guar gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 TBLSP butter
- 1 egg
Note: I like to use a food processor with this recipe for everything up to pressing the dough into the plate.
- Mix first three ingredients. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Mix in egg.
- Add enough milk to make a sticky dough.
- Using floured fingers, press dough into pie plate.
- Fill and bake as you would any pie, or…
- Place on bottom rack of broiler and cook until lightly browned.
- Watch carefully! Once your pie crust begins to cook, it will brown fast!
Get The $20 Meal Plan Printable!
Want the printable version of this $20 plan? Sign up to get it WITH a complete shopping list, and meal prep instructions!