This recipe for slow cooker beef and broccoli has recently become one of my favorites. It’s so versatile!
Having company for dinner? Grab a package of stew meat and throw it in the crockpot (with a few other ingredients of course )
Have some odd cuts of meat you aren’t sure how to use? Here’s your recipe.
Busy day? Let the slow cooker cook for you!
When I say you can use any cut of meat, I mean any cut.
We had so much steak in our freezer at one point, it wasn’t funny. (If you aren’t a huge fan of steak, don’t take your beeve to the butcher and just agree to the “standard cuts”. Just sayin’)
As I stated above, this recipe is amazing. It takes care of your meat and veggies, and the rice you serve it over takes care of your starch.
I haven’t tried it yet, but I’m pretty sure I could eat this every day without getting sick of it – as long as we had some pizza on the side once in a while.
Slow Cooker Chinese Beef and Broccoli
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 T. brown sugar
- 1/4 c. soy sauce
- 1 t. ground ginger
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pound beef (steak, roast, stew meat, etc.)
- 2 T. cornstarch
- 2T. water
- 3–4 cups broccoli florets (fresh or frozen)
- Mix together first five ingredients in slow cooker. Add beef and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 4 hours until the beef is well done.
- If you’re using large steak or large pieces, remove meat and cop into bite size cuts.
- Mix together cornstarch and water and add to crockpot along with broccoli.
- Add beef back to crockpot. Cook on high until broccoli is done – 20-45 minutes depending on your crockpot.
- Serve over hot rice.
- Enjoy the deliciousness!
Get The $20 Meal Plan Printable!
Want the printable version of this $20 plan? Sign up to get it WITH a complete shopping list, and meal prep instructions!