I have been compensated by Sundown Naturals® and Pollinate Media Group for this post as part of a social shopper marketing insight campaign with Pollinate Media Group® and Sundown Naturals® but all my opinions are my own. #pmedia #GoodnessGiveaway #sharethegoodness http://my-disclosur.es/OBstV
I have struggled for so many years with being a morning person. I just really like to stay in bed in the morning!
Unfortunately (or so I felt for a long time), my husband is a morning person, and I’ve always felt guilty for not being on his schedule.
It took me six years of being married before I finally figured out how to not only consistently get up on time, but to have a morning routine that energized me.
But I know that I’m not the only one who has struggled with being a morning person, so I’m thrilled to team up with Sundown Naturals® Vitamins to tell you about what has worked for me, and what I know can work for you too!
How To Create An Energizing Morning Routine
1. Start the day with something easy. If you struggle with getting out of bed, then the number one best way to combat that is starting your day with something that’s easy to do. I’ve read Eat That Frog, but those “frogs” – the big tastes for the day that I’m not looking forward to doing – are the biggest reason I don’t want to get out of bed! So start with something easy like reading, listening to a podcast, or enjoying a slow breakfast.
2. Get some (enjoyable) exercise. Personally, I’ve tried using weight lifting and running as motivation to get up early, but it doesn’t work. I love getting stronger, and I even like the actual lifting, but exercise that intense just isn’t something you look forward to when you’re lying in a nice comfy bed. Maybe it’s different for you, but I start my day off with walking. That’s right, low intensity steady-state cardio.
The reason is very simply that I can look forward to getting up, going out and listening to the birds wake up, or listen to a podcast, for 45 minutes while I just walk and walk. No pressure to do anything I don’t want to, no little ones asking a million questions – just walking.
Truthfully, walking is the number one thing that has helped me get in the habit, and stick to getting up early.
3. Take your vitamins. This is a hugely important part of my morning routine. Your body needs those micronutrients, to keep us healthy. I have to admit that I’m a wuss when it comes to swallowing pills, so whenever I can, I get gummy vitamins – yes, I’m an adult – and I take gummy vitamins!
I really like that Sundown Naturals® gummy vitamins are free of gluten, dairy, and artificial flavors◊. AND that they’re available at Walmart, which is one of two grocery stores in the neighboring town where we do most of our shopping. I love that they have vitamins for the entire family!
You’ll notice in these pictures that calcium gummies are front and center. That’s because for me, calcium is a big consideration since I’m almost entirely dairy-free, and of course, Calcium is the primary mineral responsible for strong bones. The other Sundown Naturals® Vitamin I take is Biotin, to help in supporting energy metabolism. Take this fun quiz to find out what gummy vitamins are best for you!
And sticking with the enjoyment theme, I enjoy taking them because they taste good, and therefore, I remember to take them. It’s as simple as that. As much as we’d like to believe that we’re iron willed creatures, it’s 10x easier stick to something you enjoy.
4. Wash your face with cold water and a refreshing face wash. Yes cold water. Did you know it shrinks your pores and keeps dirt out? That makes cold water perfect for post-exercise (when your pores are open and sweating out the dirt) face washing. Add a gentle homemade facial cleanser, and it’s even better. I like to add frankincense to my face wash to make it as refreshing as possible.
5. Eat a nutritious breakfast. I know that breakfast is number one on most people’s morning lists, but for me, it’s actually way down here at number five. I don’t need breakfast to wake me up and get me going, but I (and you) do need a good breakfast for sustained energy throughout the day.
We all know that it’s important to start off with quality protein, but carbs are your energy source, so don’t forget to add some steel cut oats, or sweet potatoes to your breakfast!
One of my favorite breakfast combinations is:
- 2 eggs for protein and fat
- a handful of spinach or kale, either sautéed or in a salad for micronutrients
- and a cup full of steel cut oats with blueberries for energy – the oats for sustained energy, and the blueberries for a quick lift. With, of course, my gummy vitamins on the side.
There you have it! You can customize your morning routine, and tweak it until you find the right combination that works for you, but just remember this: starting with something you love and good nutrition is your ultimate key to an energized day – morning, noon, and night!
Enter the Goodness Giveaway Sweepstakes today! Head into Walmart and purchase at least 1 Sundown Naturals® vitamin product for a chance to win weekly prize packages and a grand prize! Every week, one winner will be selected to choose from 1 of 4 prize packs – Yogi Pack, Fitness Pack, Foodie Pack, or a $100 Walmart Gift Card. Simply upload a picture of your receipt here and you are entered for a chance to win some incredible prizes now through 11/1!
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. ◊Applies to all products manufactured after 5/1/15. Please check back of label as manufacture dates may vary.
Get our FREE eBook!
Enter your email address below, and we'll deliver this short ebook straight to your inbox!