Bananas in our house don’t often last long enough to become overripe, but when they do, we sure do love a good loaf of banana bread! This is our favorite gluten-free banana bread recipe – and one of our favorite gluten-free recipes in general!
When I first started baking gluten-free, it seemed like I couldn’t make a quick bread without it either being too tender to handle, or falling in the middle. I often would resort to using spelt flour as in this homemade spelt bread recipe.
I’m happy to say though, that with a few recipe adjustments, that problem was eventually overcome. As you can see in the pictures, this bread has neither of those problems. It rose beautifully in the ove, and is firm, but not dry. Totally a win!
Making food that tastes good, but is inexpensive is very important to me, and this recipe, which uses a simple rice flour mix, succesfully satifsies both of these needs.
Gluten-Free Banana Bread Recipe
- 2 cup gluten-free flour mix
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp guar gum
- 2 large bananas, puréed
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Combine dry ingredients (except sugar) in a bowl.
- Cream together sugar and butter. Add eggs, vanilla, and bananas.
- Combine the two mixtures.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf, comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let cool ten minutes before loosening edges of loaf with a butter knife. Turn onto a cooling grid.
- Slice and enjoy!