We eat a lot of eggs, and that results in a lot of egg cartons. We’ve been storing these egg cartons up, using a few here and there, but not nearly all of them, so I decided to look into ways to use them, rather than just throwing them away. It’s amazing all the fun things you do with them!
I think I have enough egg cartons on hand to try all of these, but with spring coming on, I have to say, the mini plant pots are right at the top of my list!
21 Uses For Egg Cartons
- Egg carton butterfly flowers
- Egg carton crafts for kids – my kids nearly died when they saw these!
- Egg carton flower mirror – the perfect way to dress up a plain ‘ol mirror!
- Mini plant pots – perfect for staring garden seeds!
- Make a sewing kit – this one would be so handy to keep in the car for wardrobe emergencies!
- Candy Caddy
- Make a twinkling flower garland
- Make a disposable paint palette
- Make an easy egg carton bird feeder
- Make budget-friendly drawer organizers
- Make this adorable spring wreath!
- Make a decorative canvas
- Make a Boho flower wall hanging
- Make this easy 3-step egg carton flower wreath
- Make mini seed starting greenhouses
- Make egg carton Easter Basket decorations
- Use egg cartons to store fondant and royal icing flowers – this is hands down the BEST way to keep them from getting damaged during travel! (take it from a former wedding cake decorator!)
- Organize small pieces of hardware such as washers, nuts, and bolts.
- Make a math game for your kindergartener
- Make paper maché bowls out of egg cartons
- And don’t forget – you can always give them back to your local small farmer! He or she likely appreciates hand-me-down egg cartons over ordering them from a supplier!
Get Your Garden Cheat Sheets!
Want to know exactly when, where, and how to plant your vegetables? Sign up to get our FREE companion planting guide, and garden planting cheat sheet printable.
Nice ideas Make crafts with recycle materials
These are such great projects to work on!