We eat a lot of eggs, and that results in a lot of egg cartons. We’ve been storing these egg cartons up, using a few here and there, but not nearly all of them, so I decided to look into ways to use them, rather than just throwing them away. It’s amazing all the fun things you do with them!
I think I have enough egg cartons on hand to try all of these, but with spring coming on, I have to say, the mini plant pots are right at the top of my list!
21 Uses For Egg Cartons
- Egg carton butterfly flowers
- Egg carton crafts for kids – my kids nearly died when they saw these!
- Egg carton flower mirror – the perfect way to dress up a plain ‘ol mirror!
- Mini plant pots – perfect for staring garden seeds!
- Make a sewing kit – this one would be so handy to keep in the car for wardrobe emergencies!
- Candy Caddy
- Make a twinkling flower garland
- Make a disposable paint palette
- Make an easy egg carton bird feeder
- Make budget-friendly drawer organizers
- Make this adorable spring wreath!
- Make a decorative canvas
- Make a Boho flower wall hanging
- Make this easy 3-step egg carton flower wreath
- Make mini seed starting greenhouses
- Make egg carton Easter Basket decorations
- Use egg cartons to store fondant and royal icing flowers – this is hands down the BEST way to keep them from getting damaged during travel! (take it from a former wedding cake decorator!)
- Organize small pieces of hardware such as washers, nuts, and bolts.
- Make a math game for your kindergartener
- Make paper maché bowls out of egg cartons
- And don’t forget – you can always give them back to your local small farmer! He or she likely appreciates hand-me-down egg cartons over ordering them from a supplier!
Get The $20 Meal Plan Printable!
Want the printable version of this $20 plan? Sign up to get it WITH a complete shopping list, and meal prep instructions!