Sometimes, gluten-free recipes can be tricky. Other times, they just fall into place perfectly.
This gluten free zucchini bread recipe falls in the latter category. I have never made a loaf this good! I think we have the ripe banana to thank for that.
In fact, I know we do. Gluten free baked goods are famous for being dry, and bananas are famous for adding moisture to baked goods. It’s a match made in heaven.
Another thanks to the banana is the ability to cut the sugar down by half. Yes, half the sugar. Sugar adds moisture to baked goods, so without the banana, this would be impossible to do without resulting in a dry, crumbly loaf. It’s possible that you may be able to substitute applesauce instead, but I haven’t tried it, so you’re on your own there.
But make no mistake – this gluten free zucchini bread recipe is not banana bread – in fact, you won’t taste it at all – one banana spread out between two loafs of gluten-free zucchini bread really isn’t much. It’s just enough.
So grab your nanner, a couple of zucchini, and let’s bake this thing!
Gluten-Free Zucchini Bread Recipe
- Preheat oven to 325º
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, xanthan gum, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Set aside.
- Mash banana (blend in a food processor if you have one
- Beat in eggs, oil, and vanilla. (Pulse to combine if using the food processor)
- Shred zucchini and add to banana/egg/oil mixture.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and mix until everything is combined. Use a rubber spatula to scrape flour up from the bottom and mix it in.
- Divide batter between two greased loaf pans.
- Place the loaf pans in the center of the preheated oven, and bake, until the tops are golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of each loaf comes out clean (about 50 minutes).
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for ten minutes.
- Loosen edges with a butter knife, and turn onto wire cooling grid to finish cooling.
- Ideally, you would let it cool completely before serving, but if you’re like me, hot bread and butter is just too tempting, so enjoy!
Get Your Garden Cheat Sheets!
Want to know exactly when, where, and how to plant your vegetables? Sign up to get our FREE companion planting guide, and garden planting cheat sheet printable.