Did you know you can make your own homemade foaming hand soap? So cool, right?!
Honestly, I didn’t think foaming hand soap was worth getting worked up about when I first heard about it… but then I had kids.
After wasting who knows how much soap with them pumping it into their hands, I realized there was something to this having a dispenser that pumped out mostly air bubbles!
I bought my first foaming hand soap dispenser through Young living because their Thieves soap (or really, Thieves ANYTHING) is amazing. It smells amazing, and it cleans and kills germs like nobody’s business.
But now that I have the dispenser, it’s a lot cheaper to use liquid Castile soap, or homemade liquid soap as a refill, and add my own Thieves and lemon essential oils than it is to buy actual Thieves foaming hand soap refills.
This foaming hand soap sits next to the sink in the kids’ bathroom, and it’s what we use every day for hand washing. Everywhere else (i.e. our showers), you’ll find bar soap. Usually goat milk soap, like this rosemary-mint goat milk soap, or oatmeal lavender goat milk soap, and occasionally, a bar of coffee scrub soap.
Everything has its place, right? The kids bathroom is definitely the place for foaming hand soap!
While I adore Thieves essential oil, and its germ killing capabilities, if that’s not your flavor, I’d encourage you to check out our essential oil blends recipes, and find one you love. There are a lot of anti-microbial essential oils you can use in your hand soap, and that will make your hands smell fresh and clean.
This foaming hand soap is so easy!
Easy Homemade Foaming Hand Soap Recipe
- Foaming soap pump
- Castile soap or homemade liquid soap
- Distilled water
- Vitamin E or fractionated coconut oil
- Preferred essential oils
- Pour 2 tablespoons of castile soap or homemade liquid soap into the empty soap container.
- Then pour in a tablespoon of vitamin E or fractionated coconut oil.
- Add a total of 12-15 drops of your choice of essential oils. (I like to use 7 drops Thieves, 7 drops lemon)
- Top with distilled water, twist the pump top on give it a good shake to get it nice and blended together.
- Use as needed