Gluten-Free Strawberry-Lime Bars
For the crust:
For the Filling:
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup strawberries, puréed
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 2–3 teaspoons zested lime peel (optional)
- 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Combine crust ingredients and mix well.
- Press into the bottom of a greased 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes until the crust begins to turn a light brown.
- Remove pan from oven.
- Beat filling ingredients together in a medium-sized bowl.
- Pour over warm crust.
- Return to oven, and bake for and additional 15-20 minutes until filling is set, and slightly brown around the edges.
- Remove from oven, and cool for 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle generously with extra powdered sugar.
- Use a butter knife to loosen lemon bars from the edges of the pan.
- Let cool completely.
- Cut bars, and remove from pan.