- Fry bacon until crisp, and crumble.
- Sautée chopped onion in bacon grease until translucent (if desired).
- Cut potatoes and half lengthwise, and scoop out flesh into a bowl. Try to about an 1/8th of an inch from the edge of the skin to help the potato retain it’s shape.
- Mash potato flesh, and add butter, Mash until melted, mixing in salt and pepper as desired. (Do you have a potato masher like this? I had a heck of a time finding one, but I love it!)
- Add chicken and bacon, and stir/mash ranch dressing in until desired consistency is reached. You’ll probably wan them to be a bit stiffer than mashed potatoes, but it’s really up to you and how much ranch you like.
- Arrange potato skins on a baking pan.
- Scoop potato filling into skins, rounding the tops.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350º until potatoes are hot and cheese is melted.
As you can probably see in the pictures, I only used cheese on a few of them, because my husband was in the middle of a dairy cleanse when we made these. They can easily be made dairy-free if you have (or make) non-dairy ranch dressing.
Either way, this is a super yummy twice-baked potato recipe!