I love making large batches of baked potatoes, and then using a simple twice baked potato recipe to transform the leftovers into a whole new, mouthwatering meal the next day. As gluten-free recipes go, these are among the easiest.
I used to experiment a lot with making twice-baked potatoes. Until that is, we landed on this flavor combo. Think about it; chicken-bacon-ranch is a winning combo in almost any recipe. It’s a natural complement to potatoes!
It also makes whipping these puppies up incredibly easy. Especially if you keep the pre-cooked chicken in your refrigerator or freezer. (Everybody does, right? (kidding, of course)). I like to make up a big batch of this simple chicken recipe, and divide it up into serving or meal-sized portions to keep on hand for quick meals. It makes things so easy!
This recipe is so easy and delicious!Print
Chicken-Bacon-Ranch Twice Baked Potatoes
Looking for a new twist on yummy twice baked potatoes? This chicken, bacon, ranch recipe will not disappoint!
- 4 baked potatoes, cooled slightly
- 1 cup chopped chicken
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1/2 cup onion (optional)
- 1 cup ranch dressing (my favorite healthy recipe)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Shredded cheese
- Fry bacon until crisp, and crumble.
- Sautée chopped onion in bacon grease until translucent (if desired).
- Cut potatoes and half lengthwise, and scoop out flesh into a bowl. Try to about an 1/8th of an inch from the edge of the skin to help the potato retain it’s shape.
- Mash potato flesh, and add butter, Mash until melted, mixing in salt and pepper as desired. (Do you have a potato masher like this? I had a heck of a time finding one, but I love it!)
- Add chicken and bacon, and stir/mash ranch dressing in until desired consistency is reached. You’ll probably wan them to be a bit stiffer than mashed potatoes, but it’s really up to you and how much ranch you like.
- Arrange potato skins on a baking pan.
- Scoop potato filling into skins, rounding the tops.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350º until potatoes are hot and cheese is melted.
As you can probably see in the pictures, I only used cheese on a few of them, because my husband was in the middle of a dairy cleanse when we made these. They can easily be made dairy-free if you have (or make) non-dairy ranch dressing.
Either way, this is a super yummy twice-baked potato recipe!
Get Your Garden Cheat Sheets!
Want to know exactly when, where, and how to plant your vegetables? Sign up to get our FREE companion planting guide, and garden planting cheat sheet printable.
Lorelai @ Life With Lorelai says
These twice baked potatoes look absolutely delicious! I am a big fan of ranch dressing. Please come share your blog posts over at the Home Matters Linky Party! We’d love to have you for a visit. The Door is OPEN. 🙂 http://lifewithlorelai.com/2015/01/29/home-matters-linky-party-22/
Life With Lorelai