I love making large batches of baked potatoes, and then using a simple twice baked potato recipe to transform the leftovers into a whole new, mouthwatering meal the next day. As gluten-free recipes go, these are among the easiest.
I use to experiment a lot with making twice baked potatoes. Until, that is, we landed on this flavor combo. Think about tit; chicken-bacon-ranch is a winning combo in almost any recipe. It’s a natural compliment to potatoes!
It also makes whipping these puppies up incredibly easy. Especially if you keep pre-cooked chicken in your refrigerator or freezer. (Everybody does, right? (kidding, of course)). I like to make up a big batch of this simple chicken recipe, and divide it up into serving, or meal-sized portions to keep on hand for quick meals. It makes thing so easy!
Chicken-Bacon-Ranch Twice Baked Potatoes
- 4 baked potatoes, cooled slightly
- 1 cup chopped chicken
- 1/4 cup butter
- 4 slices of bacon
- 1/2 cup onion (optional)
- 1 cup ranch dressing (my favorite healthy recipe)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Shredded cheese
- Fry bacon until crisp, and crumble.
- Sautée chopped onion in bacon grease until translucent (if desired).
- Cut potatoes and half lengthwise, and scoop out flesh into a bowl. Try to about an 1/8th of an inch from the edge of the skin to help the potato retain it’s shape.
- Mash potato flesh, and add butter, Mash until melted, mixing in salt and pepper as desired. (Do you have a potato masher like this? I had a heck of a time finding one, but I love it!)
- Add chicken and bacon, and stir/mash ranch dressing in until desired consistency is reached. You’ll probably wan them to be a bit stiffer than mashed potatoes, but it’s really up to you and how much ranch you like.
- Arrange potato skins on a baking pan.
- Scoop potato filling into skins, rounding the tops.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350º until potatoes are hot and cheese is melted.
As you can probably see in the pictures, I only used cheese on a few of them, because my husband was in the middle of a dairy cleanse when we made these. They can easily be made dairy-free if you have (or make) non-dairy ranch dressing.
Either way, this is a super yummy twice-baked potato recipe!
Get The $20 Meal Plan Printable!
Want the printable version of this $20 plan? Sign up to get it WITH a complete shopping list, and meal prep instructions!