Stuffed Acorn Squash Recipe
- 1 Acorn Squash
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- ½ cup onion
- 1 clove garlic
- ¾ cup spinach, chopped
- ½ tsp. Salt
- ¼ tsp/ pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano or Italian seasoning
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese or homemade goat cheese
- Cut squash in half and de-seed using a fork.
- Place in baking dish or crock pot, cut side down.
- Add 1 cup of water to dish and bake in 350º oven for one hour, or 3-4 hours in crockpot.
- Brown meat in a skillet with chopped onion and garlic.
- Drain grease, and add spinach.
- Heat until spinach is wilted.
- Add spices and cheese and mix well.
- Stuff the seed wells of each acorn squash half.
- Tip: these are really great to make ahead, and keep warm in the crockpot until you’re ready for dinner!