Lavender Lemon Homemade Laundry Detergent Without Borax
- Using a cheese grater, grate one bar of soap into a large bowl.
- Add washing soda, baking soda and citric acid to bowl.
- Mix everything together thoroughly.
- Add essential oils.
- Add 1 tablespoon of vinegar. It will fizz a bit, but that is just the vinegar reacting with the baking soda.
- Mix into the soap mixture. The vinegar helps soften your clothes. If it doesn’t get too wet, you can add more than 1 tablespoon, but I don’t recommend adding more than 2.
- Add mixture to an airtight container.
- Use 1/4 cup per load.