*I like to use the leafy tops from several ribs of celery since they have the same flavor, but aren’t useful in a lot of other recipes
- Place all ingrediens in a slow cooker and cook over night up to 24 hours.
- Remove chicken and veggies with a slotted spoon.
- Filter liquid through several layers of cheesecloth or a cofffee filter.
- Debone chicken, chop, and add back to the broth or reserve for another use. (hint: it’s great for casseroles!)
- Divide broth into freezer bags or containers, or jars for canning.