Homemade Pumpkin Pudding From Scratch
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice mix
- 1½ cups sugar
- 5 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 2½ cups milk
- 1 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine pumpkin pie spice, sugar, and cornstarch together in a sauce pan.
- Add milk and stir together. The spices probably won’t mix in well until the milk gets hot, but you should stir it until the cornstarch is well incorporated.
- Stir in pumpkin purée.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring, until thick and bubbling.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Let cool
- Top with whipped topping if desired and enjoy!