Grain-Free Chocolate Covered Cherry Doughnuts
- 1/4 cup light olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup sugar (I used evaporated cane sugar)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 3 Tablerons puréed cherries
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Icing ingredients:
- 1 cup confectioners sugar (make your own)
- 1 Tablespoon hot water
- 1 Tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 Tablespoon cocoa powder
- Preheat doughnut iron, or oven (to 350º)
- Whisk oil sugar, salt, vanilla, eggs, and cherrie purée.
- Mix coconut flour and baking powder.
- Add flour mixture to egg mixture, and stir to combine well.
- Spoon batter into a quart-sized ziplock bags.
- If baking, grease a mini doughnut pan
- Cut corner off of ziplock bag, and squeeze batter into each doughnut form of either your
- Make sure to fill each form to the top so that they will rise nice and round on top.
- Bake the doughnuts on the center rack of the oven for 15-18 minutes, until the edges begin to brown, or in the iron for up to five minutes.
- Remove doughnuts from oven/iron.
- Let cool on a wire rack.
- Cool completely before icing
- While doughnuts are cooling, mix icing ingredients together.
- Dip the top of each doughnut in the icing, and place back on the rack.
- Chill doughnuts until icing has set.