Gluten-Free Sausage Biscuit Casserole
- 1 lb sausage
- 1 smal onion
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I use cheddar)
- Gluten-Free Flour Mix
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon guar or xanthan gum
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Chop onion and fry in a skillet with the sausage, crumbling as you cook.
- Mix flours, starch, baking powder, salt, and guar gum together in a medium sized bowl.
- Cut in butter.
- Crack eggs into bowl and beat together on top of flour mixture.
- Add milk and stir everything together.
- Your batter will be quite thin – thinner than pancake batter.
- Spread the cooked sausage and onion into an 8×8 baking dish. Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Pour biscuit batter on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until done at 350º.