Gluten-Free Poppyseed Chicken
- 3 cups chopped, cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chicken broth (use milk if you don’t have chicken broth)
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 oz.) container sour cream
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- 2 1/2 cups crushed gluten-free crackers
- 1/4 butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Combine the milk, chicken broth, cornstarch and slat in a small sauce pan.
- Heat combination over medium heat, stirring.
- Heat and stir until thickened. This should go really quickly as it’s a very small batch, so watch it!
- Stir together chicken, milk/broth mix, sour cream, and poppy seeds
- Spread into an 8×8 inch (two quart) casserole dish.
- Combine crushed crackers and melted butter.
- Sprinkle over the top of casserole dish.
- Bake, uncovered for 20-30 minutes until crackers are beginning to brown on top.
- Serve over brown rice (my preference), or pasta.