Gluten-Free Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups gluten free flour mix
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon of guar gum (optional: your muffins will come out softer if you use it, but they will hold together even if you don’t)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup milk or yogurt (yogurt makes for much softer muffins)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh or frozen (unthawed) fruit and/or nuts
- Preaheat oven to 375º
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and add eggs. beat eggs, then add oil milk and vanilla.
- Stir together until dry ingredients are fairly well moistened.
- Stir in fruit and/or nuts.
- Divide batter into 12 greased muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes unitl lightly browned (I’m paranoid about underbaking, so I always end up baking until medium brown ).
- Remove from pan immediately, and cool on a wire rack.