A good gluten-free muffin recipe is essential to any homemaker’s repertoire, and this one won’t disappoint! It’s one of my favorite gluten-free recipes!
As homemakers, we have a lot of jobs to do. Clean, wash laundry, take care of kids, feed everybody. In the “feed everybody” category, I’ve found it really useful to have a few basic recipes on hand or even memorized ones that I can pull out and make alterations to in various situations. It saves a lot of time and stress in deciding what to make.
This gluten-free muffin recipe is one of those. It’s very basic, which makes it really easy to alter just by adding fruit or chocolate chips – this morning, we used blackberries. Or maybe some spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, or cloves. How about adding a streusel topping or even just cinnamon sugar on top for a change? You could even bake it in an 8×8 cake pan and turn this into a coffee cake recipe.
So many possibilities for just one recipe!
I was just going over my gluten-free pita bread recipe (and *cough* correcting a bunch of typos in it), and realized that I very often pontificate on how easy it is to make good gluten-free food. But it really is! And I hope these recipes prove it to you.Print
Gluten-Free Muffins Recipe
Muffins are a delicious staple- and these gluten-free muffins do not disappoint.
- 2 cups gluten free flour mix
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon of guar gum (optional: your muffins will come out softer if you use it, but they will hold together even if you don’t)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup milk or yogurt (yogurt makes for much softer muffins)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups of fresh or frozen (unthawed) fruit and/or nuts
- Preaheat oven to 375º
- Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and add eggs. beat eggs, then add oil milk and vanilla.
- Stir together until dry ingredients are fairly well moistened.
- Stir in fruit and/or nuts.
- Divide batter into 12 greased muffin cups.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes unitl lightly browned (I’m paranoid about underbaking, so I always end up baking until medium brown ).
- Remove from pan immediately, and cool on a wire rack.
Get Your Garden Cheat Sheets!
Want to know exactly when, where, and how to plant your vegetables? Sign up to get our FREE companion planting guide, and garden planting cheat sheet printable.