- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Combine cake mix, cocoa powder, and coffee in a bowl.
- Add rest of ingredients and stir until well moistened. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into greased and flour 8 inch pan, or 12 muffin cups.
- Bake 30-40 minutes for the pan, or 15-20 minutes for the muffin cups, or until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Let cool ten minutes. Turn onto towel covered cooling rack.
- Let cool completely before icing.
*Coffee really intensifies the chocolate flavor. You won’t be able to actually taste the coffe as such.