I was really thrilled with the way this gluten free chocolate cake recipe turned out. Soft, springy, and moist. So good – one of the best gluten-free recipes ever! I wouldn’t be ashamed to serve this to a cake connoisuer. And because I saw this delicious looking caramel icing recipe on Little House Living a while ago, I decided to give it a try while I was at it. YUM!
I’ve been testing a lot of recipes lately for what I hope will be an upcoming ebook full of recipes using gluten-free cake mix. (It’s hard work, but somebody’s got to do it )
Using yogurt in the batter really helps keep the texture soft I think, and so I don’t reccomend omitting it in favor of milk. You can however, substitute sour cream instead, which should acheive pretty much the same result.
This is another cake you can bake in the crock pot following the directions for Gluten Free Chocolate Lava Cake. Using the slow cooker is such and easy, no fuss way to bake a cake – it’s well worth a try!
On with it then! who wants to make some chocolate cake?
Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake Recipe
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Combine cake mix, cocoa powder, and coffee in a bowl.
- Add rest of ingredients and stir until well moistened. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into greased and flour 8 inch pan, or 12 muffin cups.
- Bake 30-40 minutes for the pan, or 15-20 minutes for the muffin cups, or until a toothpick inserted into center of cake comes out clean.
- Let cool ten minutes. Turn onto towel covered cooling rack.
- Let cool completely before icing.
*Coffee really intensifies the chocolate flavor. You won’t be able to actually taste the coffe as such.
Get The $20 Meal Plan Printable!
Want the printable version of this $20 plan? Sign up to get it WITH a complete shopping list, and meal prep instructions!