- Combine first five ingredients in a large pot, and heat over medium heat to a gentle boil.
- After about ten minutes, when the potatoes are almost, but not quite done, add the cornstarch, mixed with a little water broth to prevent lumping when poured into the hot liquid.
- Start with 2 Tablespoons of starch unless you know you like your soup really thick. You can always add more, but it’s hard to take out once it’s in there. 😉
- Season soup with basil, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Last of all, stir in your noodles.
- Bring back to a simmer, and cook another 15 minutes or so until the noodles are nice and tender.
- During this time, try not to stir the soup too much as it will break the noodles up (this goes for non-gluten free noodles as well!)
- Serve with gluten-free herb rolls and green salad.
Slow cooker method
This recipe makes an awesome slow cooker meal. Just Mix all the ingredients into the slow cooker, and cook on low all day, or several hours on high. You don’t have to worry about waiting to add the noodles when you use the slow cooker, because you won’t be doing any stirring.