Easy French Onion Dip
- 1–2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons red bell pepper, chopped finely
- 1/4 – ½ cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounce of cream cheese
- 2–3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt ( or more to taste)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Cook onion in oil until very soft and tender and slightly browned. Roughly 10 minutes.
- Add garlic and bell pepper, and cook for about 30 seconds.
- Set aside to let cool.
- Combine room temperature cream cheese, sour cream, mayo, salt, and Worcestershire sauce in food processer.
- Pulse until smooth, scraping down sides a few times and adding water as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Add onion mixture and pulse until everything is incorporated.
- Taste test, and add salt and/or Worcestershire sauce as needed.
- Refrigerate in a lidded container.