- Grease the crockpot with butter.
- Melt butter on the stovetop and stir vanilla into it. Pour it into a small bowl.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon in another small bowl. Roll a walnut sized piece of dough into a biscuit shape. (Note: rolling biscuits out onto a floured surface will incorporate too much flour into your dough making them very dense – thus, the hand rolling method.)
- Dip biscuits into melted butter mixture, then into cinnamon sugar mixture. Put in crockpot in a single layer.
- Turn crockpot on high for about 2 hours – depending on your crockpot of course.
- You can glaze or frost these if want. I ended up making some icing for my icing-fanatic hubby.
- Also, The original recipe says to cover the biscuits with a paper towel while they cook to reduce moisture, but I didn’t, and the bicuits didn’t turn out soggy at all.
- I’m actually so impressed with the way they cooked up in the crockpot that I’m thinking of making all of our biscuits that way – at least for the rest of the summer. Gabriel will be happy to have biscuits and gravy for breakfast without heating up the oven.
P.S. This is my favorite crockpot.